First-time Freshman (under 12 credits of college-level coursework):
*Effective August 2016
Students must meet all of the criteria listed below:
- Must complete a recognized secondary program comparable to U.S. high school graduation
- Must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA as converted on the U.S. scale
- Must have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test (CBT), or 79 on the internet-based test (IBT) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Must have an ACT composite of 23+ or new SAT 1130+/old SAT 1050+, and
- Must be admitted to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Fall: June 20
- Spring: December 16
- 2/3 non-resident fee exemption
- (Approximately $4,576 each semester for up to 8 semesters.)
**Applicants from countries where English is the official language (U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Canada—except Quebec, and some Caribbean islands) do not need to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores.