Students with high achievements in dance performance, debate, visual arts, music performance, or theatre performance may be granted a fee waiver if the student's presence will improve the education opportunities of other students. Cheerleaders, flag corps, University recognized or sponsored spirit groups that perform at athletic game activities may also be considered in this group.
The applying student must meet each of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate high achievement in the appropriate performance area and
- Have a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in high school, if applying prior to entering college, or on at least 24 hours of college work (transfer students must have no need for remedial course work and have successfully completed college algebra and freshmen English) and
- Demonstrate leadership and
- Receive a satisfactory rating in an interview (personal or by telephone) and
- Commit to continuous participation in the appropriate area at the granting institution and
- Must be admitted to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
How to apply
Apply for admission to UL Lafayette.
- Scholarships will be awarded based upon the information submitted in your application for admission.
- Full non-resident fee exemption
- (Approximately $6,864 each semester for up to 10 semesters)